EngPro Solutions Limited (we), a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11296959 and having our registered office at 1 Sherrard Way, Mytchett, Surrey, GU16 6AU., are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personally identifiable information (often referred to as ‘personal data’) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personally identifiable information and how we will treat it. By visiting www.engpro.co.uk (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, (commonly referred to as GDPR) and UK Data Protection Act (the Act), the data controller is EngPro Solutions Limited of 1 Sherrard Way, Mytchett, Surrey, GU16 6AU.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Howard Leach.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you in pursuit of our Legitimate Interests and/or because it is necessary for a Contract we have with you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, contract or otherwise. It includes information you provide when subscribing to our services, enter into a contract or pre-contract negotiations, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with a subscription service. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Providing returning clients with a personalised version of the site(s) and eliminating the need for returning clients to re-enter their login details so enabling you to move more easily around our sites.
- You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time, however this will mean that any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce functionality of our sites and others, prevent access to registration/subscription-only areas of our sites and mean that certain features or content will not be available to you. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org We do not allow third party companies to set cookies on our sites for any purposes.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site/s and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site/s to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site/s about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, and/or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personally identifiable information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If EngPro Solutions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personally identifiable information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personally identifiable information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of EngPro Solutions Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will maintain a record of your personal information for the following timescales:
- Information obtained under the lawful basis of Contract. Six years following the termination of the contract, or longer as specified in the contract.
- Information obtained under the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest. Up to 24 months after you leave the industries we provide products or service to.
Where we store your personally identifiable information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site/s or our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personally identifiable information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. We will not disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personally identifiable information to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.